The Junior Structural Engineer provides engineering and management on various Site, Civil and Marine projects. Under the guidance and direction of a Project Manager, the Junior Engineer will assist in the execution and delivery of engineering projects.
- Performs tasks on projects requiring a broad knowledge in the field of civil, structural and/or geotechnical engineering;
- Develops and implements design best practices in areas of expertise, in addition, ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards and client requirements;
- Prepares contract documents;
- Works independently under the Project Manager’s guidance;
- Prepares plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates;
- Prepares standard documents, such as technical specifications;
- Conducts site inspections from time-to-time; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- 1 – 3 years related project-based engineering experience with an emphasis on waterfront and coastal design, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation;
- E. or P. Eng. license;
- Well-rounded knowledge of all service lines;
- Ability to understand client needs and translate into deliverables;
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point).